Inkjet printing technology is on the rise.
And guess what? Inkjet is more capable than ever. With stunning image quality improvements, increased media latitude, and built-in operational efficiencies, inkjet is more than a print technology. It is at the center of a transformational ecosystem designed to overcome many of today’s print manufacturing challenges.
Production inkjet technology has traveled a long way in recent years, expanding it’s appeal and, in turn, capturing half of the digital color pages produced globally.
Inkjet is an essential strategic component to your organization precisely because it does what other print technologies can not. On its own or as part of a hybrid operation, inkjet ensures you are agile and ready for continually emerging opportunities.
Here are 3 opportunities that production inkjet printing technology creates that you shouldn’t overlook:
1. Inkjet production printing lowers run costs
Using blank rolls of paper for white paper-in printing saves money versus creating – and warehousing – offset preprinted shells for overprinting. In addition, inkjet has per-page costs approaching offset.
Cut Sheet Xerography
Higher costs • Perfect for shorter runs
- Productivity champion for low volume variable and/or short-run static print manufacturing
- Pushing the boundary on specialty effects
- Broad media support
Inkjet Production Printing
Optimized cost • High performance
- Productivity and cost champion for high volume variable print manufacturing
- High performance
- Sweet-spot quality
- Expanding media range
Lower costs • Less personalization
- Productivity and cost champion for high volume static print manufacturing
- Minimal personalization via overprint
- Extensive specialty effects and media support
2. Inkjet boosts productivity
Pressure for increased competitiveness has driven more aggressive lead times. One inkjet device can often replace multiple Xerographic presses, streamlining workflows to produce more jobs in less time while saving space – and reducing overhead costs.
Inkjet also bypasses the timeconsuming processes required for offset press setup, unlocking more productive shift time for commercial print operations
3. Inkjet open up new applications
There are some needs only inkjet can answer profitably:
- Incorporating customized full-color marketing content on high volumes of communications
- Creating large ROI-driving personalized and triggered direct mail campaigns
- Improving time-to-market for targeted publications
- Producing short-turn, high-volume jobs cost-effectively
- Transforming catalogs from static offset to personalized, revenue-driving pieces
These new applications – and more – have helped many print providers reinvent themselves with inkjet.
Ready to try inkjet printing? Talk to us first!
If you’re thinking about trying out inkjet printing technology you’re likely planning to move or consolidate volume from offset or cut sheet Xerographic devices, which requires some unique operational considerations in addition to functional ones such as ink, media, and color management.
Our team has handled transitions like this for customers all over the country. We’d be happy to talk to you and guide you through the process.
Talk to our team and try inkjet printing today!